Forum Administrator

New LIALPA Chairman Elected

Unread post by bimjim » Sat Sep 29, 2012

http://www.caribarena.com/antigua/news/ ... ected.html

New LIALPA Chairman Elected
Saturday, 29 September 2012
      Captain Carl Burke
Antigua St. John's

He previously served in every position on the Leeward Islands Airline Pilots’ Association (LIALPA) with the exception of two. Now Captain Carl Burke is at the helm of the association for the first time.

The veteran pilot was elected as chairman at the association's annual general meeting on Thursday evening, replacing Captain Arthur Senhouse who did not seek re-election.

The LIALPA boss said he has no fear of the associated responsibilities.

"I think that I have been very close in terms of what has been transpiring at the executive council level for the last 10 years and in the position of vice chairman I was given a lot of responsibility by the former chairman Michael Blackburn in terms of leading negotiations," he explained.

"Also I had full responsibility of preparing salary arguments between 2009 and 2010 and LIALPA was, in our opinion, very successful in that arbitration process in obtaining better wages and conditions for pilots."

The Montserrat-born Captain Burke graduated from the Antigua State College in 1989. After completing training in Canada, he began his professional career as a pilot in Guyana in 1993.

He joined LIAT a year later, and became an executive council member in 1996. His latest appointment means that the post of treasurer is the only position he has not served in.

The new LIALPA Vice Chairman is First Officer Euton Henry, while Captain Patterson Thomson was returned as secretary. Captain Andre Grey was also returned as Treasurer.

The six executive council members who will assist the core executive in their day to day duties include Captain Eric Ward, Captain Derek Murray and Captain Jude Jolie who is representing LIAT's Barbados base.

Rounding off the team are Captain Michael Byron, Captain Seymore Solomon and First Officer Chetwin Clarke who represents Antigua.

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: New LIALPA Chairman Elected

Unread post by bimjim » Sun Sep 30, 2012

A hearty thanks to the outgoing Executive Members fior their hard work and shared responsibilities, and the warmest congratulations to all of the new Executive team!

Return to “LIALPA - Pilots”