-- Posts Summary: Airlines and Airports operating and not operating --

Kai Tak Scenery - Finally!

FS and all the paraphenalia that goes with that habit...
AviatorG
.First Officer
.First Officer

Kai Tak Scenery - Finally!

Unread post by AviatorG » Thu Aug 28, 2008

Didn't think FlyTampa would be able to out-do the amazing SXM scenery they created earlier in the year, but they certainly did!
Just released (at long long last) , the famous Kai Tak, Hong Kong (VHHX) scenery! I can't wait to get my hands on it & run down the IGS13! The screenshots look absolutely stunning!

Avsim review: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0808/FlyTampa/KaiTak.htm

G 8)

islandflyer
Engineer 4
Engineer 4

Unread post by islandflyer » Thu Aug 28, 2008

I have the free version of KBOS/BOS (Boston) scenery which I believe was done by FlyTampa, and some others that are stunning - LIRF/FCO (Rome) and LIMC/MXP (Milan), LOWW/VIE (Vienna), and LSZH/ZRH (Zurich). Most if not all of these have fantastic lighting, markings, gate areas and ground traffic. Superb! Some others that are good too are LLBG/TLV (Tel Aviv), LBSF/SOF (Sofia), DAAG/ALG (Algiers) and LGAV/ATH (Athens).

What I would like to get (freeware, of course) would be top class scenery for EDDF/FRA (Frankfurt), and any other big airports in Europe - EGLL/LHR (London) EHAM/AMS (Amsterdam) or LFPG/CDG (Paris) especially would be really nice!!

Can anyone assist?

kroswynd
.First Officer
.First Officer

Unread post by kroswynd » Thu Aug 28, 2008

IslandFlyer,

Most of what you are looking for is only available as payware right now.

I know 9Dragons does a Kai Tak scenery as well but it is not as great as Fly Tampa's. As for BOS this was a stand alone project by George of FlyTampa, but not necessarily a Fly Tampa product. The Fly Tampa KaiTak scenery has been released over a month now and is a grat add-on. To add further realism, CLS released their 747-200/300 aircraft just prior to that and they may a wonderful combination

Happy Flying

K_W

AndyD
Unranked
Unranked

Re: Kai Tak Scenery - Finally!

Unread post by AndyD » Tue Aug 25, 2009

i have the new kai tak add on and quite frankly im disappointed.the graphic arent what i expected.i dont think its my computer i have a quad core with a 256mb video card any ideas?

kroswynd
.First Officer
.First Officer

Unread post by kroswynd » Tue Aug 25, 2009

AndyD,

Welcome to the forum.
AndyD wrote:i have the new kai tak add on and quite frankly im disappointed.the graphic arent what i expected.i dont think its my computer i have a quad core with a 256mb video card any ideas?
The Kai Tak scenery is an impressive piece of work provided your Sim settings and computer settings are properly configured. With a Quad Core computer you should have no problems. Now the question is - what type of video card do you have and what are the configuration settings that you have set presently. The downside is to using a 256meg video card is that you are pushing the card to the limit especially if you are using FSX. If you are using FS9 you can configure the machine and card to get a fairly decent flying experience. An Nvidia 7800 GS OC is about the fastest AGP card that you can find if you can still find one. Now if you are using PCI-E - then there are a wide variation of cards that will yield good performance without breaking the bank. For best results a NVidia 512meg video card is preferable.

If you can post your systems specs along with the operating system and I'll see if I can offer some suggestions. Win XP is the better platform for FSX and FS9 at least for now until Win 7 is released.

Regards
SIMEON "KROSWYND/KILO_WHISKEY" RICHARDSON

AndyD
Unranked
Unranked

Unread post by AndyD » Wed Aug 26, 2009

thank you for your quick reply i have an acer quad core 64 bit o/s running fsx.i dont know about the video card i know when i bought the computer last year i was told this model had aseperate videa card that was quite powerful it may be more than 256mb i will look into it and try and post it andy

kroswynd
.First Officer
.First Officer

Unread post by kroswynd » Sat Aug 29, 2009

AndyD

How are you? I can assure you that your video card is your bottle neck at his time also it is imperative that you have at least/minmum 2 gig of Ram for the OS. Now do not let this discourage you. With your configuration the best solution is trial and error within the FSX.cfg to find a good balance between performance and visuals. you will not be able to take all of your sliders to the right in FSX, but you can start at half mark and go either left or right depending on the result yielded during testing. If you are using FS2004 you should be able to put all of your sliders to the right with minimal impact on framerates (of course this too is dependant on what type of aircraft and or scener you are using at the time).

If you have any questions let me know

Regards

AndyD
Unranked
Unranked

Unread post by AndyD » Sun Aug 30, 2009

thank you for your input. since our last contact i have done some research and found out i have a 256mb dedicated video memory i have a 3gb o/s. i have done some tweaking and i am seeing some improvement. once again thank you for you help. andy

kroswynd
.First Officer
.First Officer

Unread post by kroswynd » Thu Sep 10, 2009

AndyD wrote:thank you for your input. since our last contact i have done some research and found out i have a 256mb dedicated video memory i have a 3gb o/s. i have done some tweaking and i am seeing some improvement. once again thank you for you help. andy
AndyD

Glad to hear that you were able to gain some improvement for your Sim. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you have any questions.

Cheers

Return to “Flight Stimulator - General Discussion”