CS 757 MFD and CDU missing

FS and all the paraphenalia that goes with that habit...
kroswynd
.First Officer
.First Officer

Re: CS 757 MFD and CDU missing

Unread post by kroswynd » Thu Jan 07, 2010

BugDriver,

I have not come across this problem before, but with CS anything is possible. Now I gather that you have selected NAV on the IRS and waited for about 30 - 45 seconds, also I take it that every other gauge is functioning as necessary.

In lieu of the problem that you are faced with did you un-install the add-on, re-boot the machine, and then re-install. I am not using Acceleration, but I do have SP1, SP1a and SP2 running.

If you do decide to un-install Acceleration, be sure to un-istall, reboot then re-install and start FSX (do not fly), exit FSX then reboot again. Once this is complete then install the CS 757 again. If you are running Vista :| :| be sure to do everything in Administrator mode.
LevelD's 757 looks promising although there is not a tentative release date as yet. Quality Wings has just released theirs a few weeks ago www.qwsim.com, I don't think that they have modeled all of the systems but they have done a pretty good job with the flight model which from what I have read is rather well rounded. The other good things is that they offer all variants of the 757, for $45 that is not a bad deal. I have not purchased it yet due to having my flight controls re-calibrated at PFC (not cheap)...LOL

Let's know the outcome. Good Luck.
SIMEON "KROSWYND/KILO_WHISKEY" RICHARDSON

kroswynd
.First Officer
.First Officer

Unread post by kroswynd » Sat Jan 16, 2010

bugdriver wrote: Before I proceed, I am curious why CS would require Acceleration un-installed and re-installed before re-installing the CS757? What would be the reason?
Bugdriver
Bugdriver,

I am not quite sure why CS would suggest that you un-install Acceleration. I forgot to ask - did you un-install the CS757 and then re-install it. Be sure sure to un-install your FSUIPC and re-install the latest version 4.57. As far as faulty installations - I have not experienced any regarding CS. Also I would be sure to check that have downloaded all of the patches (if the new installer does not already have them included).

To be quite honest, if I was required to un-install and re-install my service-packs (since I do not have acceleration) I would serious consider re-installing my FSX platform. NOT A PLEASANT TASK!!! But that is just me - this was I have ruled out any potential problems. Try a few of the previously mentioned steps as a starting point. Let me know how you make out since it would be interesting to know. My apologies that I could not be of more help.

Simeon

kroswynd
.First Officer
.First Officer

Unread post by kroswynd » Sun Jan 17, 2010

If I am not mistaken these intersections that you are trying to use are the intersections that are part of the approach. Most of the FMS coding that I have worked with does not allow this fixes to be used, I don't have the reason why but will do some research.
Attachments
ksea1.jpg

Return to “Flight Stimulator - General Discussion”