[GOL] Tobago to Brazil flights begin

News about this airline - please include a link to the source as well as the article text itself.
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Thu Feb 05, 2015

http://www.ttonline.org/2015/02/04/toba ... hts-begin/

February 4, 2015

The Tobago Division of Tourism and Transportation welcomed the arrival of the first flight between Brazil and Tobago, at the ANR Robinson International Airport on Friday.

This is the first flight in what will be a weekly service between Sao Palo and Tobago and is expected to open up the South American market to Tobago.

Tourism Secretary Tracy Davidson-Celestine said “I am very elated, very pleased. This is historic for Destination Tobago. I think this is the first of its kind of the Latin American, the South American market, and it opens up endless opportunities for the destination.”

“Already I see avenues opening up for sport tourism, as well as for educational tourism and most importantly for dive tourism, because of course one of the reasons why we decided to look at the South American market and Brazil and Sao Paulo in particular, it is because of the large numbers of divers there and I’ve said it before, there are over 200,000 divers in Brazil and we feel that we can capitalise on that market.”

“We also know that there is quite a lot of interest in sport tourism and that is something that we will be pushing as well. I am very pleased thus far and we see the result of that,” David-Celestine concluded.

The Gol Airlines flight originated in Sao Paulo, Brazil, with one stop in Barbados.

Return to “GOL - Brazil”