BVI Airways pilot cites challenge; promises safety

News about this airline - please include a link to the source as well as the article text itself.
Web site: hrrp://www.bviairways.com
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Wed Oct 05, 2016

http://bvinews.com/new/bvi-airways-pilo ... es-safety/

October 4, 2016
Bradley Goggin, who was hired recently as Director of Flight Operations at BVI Airways, said some major challenges have been faced in starting the non-stop flight between the British Virgin Islands (BVI) and the United States.

He did not specify the challenges.

But the former Royal Air Force pilot, who will soon relocate to the BVI with his wife and toddler, expressed confidence in getting the job done.

He also stated that he “feels very privileged” to be part of the BVI Airways which is receiving an investment of $7 million from the BVI government.

“We are working hard to prepare our airline for an entirely new route directly linking the BVI to the US mainland, which has never been flown commercially before. This has presented some major challenges, and my colleagues and I at BVI Airways are working hard to establish a safe and reliable operation, while delivering this exciting new venture.”

“On a personal note, my young family and I are very much looking forward to moving to the BVI, settling into the local community, and making friends in our new home,” Goggin further said.

The BVI government has announced that the already delayed commencement of the flights is expected to start in November.

But there are speculations that the said schedule may be missed as the necessary certification – especially from the United States authorities – may not be acquired in time.

Premier Dr D Orlando Smith, late last month, told the House of Assembly that an application has been submitted to Air Safety Support International for approval, and one will later be submitted to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States.

Service to begin in ‘next few months’

Meanwhile, according to BVI Airways, the appointment of Goggin comes as it “prepares to begin non-stop service from Miami to the British Virgin Islands in the next few months”.

Goggin will supervise BVI Airways’ flight operations activity and personnel, added the airline.

“With Captain Goggin’s depth of knowledge and experience flying the royal family and other dignitaries, his commitment to safety and excellence will certainly add to the level of service that BVI Airways’ passengers can expect,” said Jerry Willoughby, president and chief executive officer of BVI Airways.

He continued: “We are dedicated to providing unparalleled service to our passengers. And, with Goggin at the head of flight operations, I am certain that we will achieve this. We are all very pleased to have him on board.”

Pilot’s qualification

According to the airline, Goggin has more than 4000 hours as a captain, operating several aircraft. He has extensive experience in the British Aerospace Avro 146.

Goggin was a member of the elite Royal Air Force Squadron, providing service to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, members of the Royal family, members of government, as well as other VIPs and dignitaries.

In addition to serving as BVI Airways’ chief pilot, Goggin will be responsible for oversight of flight operations policy and procedures, as well as training and certification of all BVI Airways’ flight personnel.

He holds a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Aerospace Systems Engineering from the University of Hertfordshire, as well as advanced certificates in Mathematics, Physics and Biology.

Return to “BVI Airways - British Virgin Islands”