Very damning accusation against Jerry Gouveia’s company

News about this airline - please include a link to the source as well as the article text itself.
bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Unread post by bimjim » Thu Jan 21, 2016

http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2016/ ... s-company/

January 21, 2016

Dear Editor,

Happy New Year. I am writing this letter to be circulated in the media so that what happened to me can be helpful to the general public when dealing with Roraima International travel agency (Thereafter “ Roraima”). Roraima, as local Agent for Dynamic Airlines (Thereafter “Dynamic’) sold me a ticket for my son and husband, to be able to travel from JFK International Airport on the January 10th, 2016 inbound to Guyana.

Unbeknown to us my son’s US passport had only five months remaining. The Agent at the counter stated” It has to have six months according to The Department of Homeland Security (DHS)”. I instructed my husband to contact DHS to obtain a waiver for him. DHS approved the travel; however upon returning to the Dynamic’s counter the agent rudely stated “Our airlines will not allow him to travel”.

By all measure, this was very disturbing. To make a long story short, my son was unable to travel that night. My husband lodged a complaint to Roraima via Mr. Ronald with email to Jerry Gouveia. (Mr. Gouveia never responded). Mr. Ronald send a letter to Dynamic in North Carolina (I do not know why he did not contact them via the phone) and they responded informing him to have the parents paid $250.00 USD and my son will be able to travel on January 11th, 2016 amount which was paid in full.

With both parents in Guyana, my brother took my son to the JFk International airport for the flight. Dynamic refused my son again. At the present time, I am awaiting my $250.00 refund from Roraima. Mr. Ronald said he contacted them since January11th and today they have not made any contact. As agent of Dynamic, Roraima may become liable for any and all misfeasances of Dynamic.

I reported this incident to the Federal Aviation Administration (Thereafter “FAA”) who transferred me to the Federal Transportation Department via http://www.transportation.gov/airconsum ... -complaint who responded to me within one day. Dynamic’s web site had no consumer complaint form to fill-out or number for the company; this is a violation of the FAA’s rules and regulation.

I would appreciate if Mr. Gouveia can respond according on this matter, especially since his company, Roraima is the local Agent for Dynamic.

Lesley Benjamin Esq., Attorney-at-Law

bimjim
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Very damning accusation against Jerry Gouveia’s company

Unread post by bimjim » Thu Jan 21, 2016

Very poor legal advice. In fact, ABYSMAL legal advice. Is Mr. Benjamin Esq. a Professional Joker?

1. Gerry Gouveia and Roraima Airways are not responsible for your passports - YOU and the Government are. In fact your passports actually belong to the Government, NOT to you.

Read the "fine print" in your passport.

2. It is a standard requirement - worldwide - that passports be valid for no less than six months when travelling. Neither Gouveia nor Roraima are responsible for that, and in spite of your shortcoming they gave you refunds and "accommodations" and DYNAMIC still refused you, not Gouveia or Roraima.

3. Gouveia, Roraima and Dynamic all deal with or sell travel, and cannot guarantee that you will pass either Security or Immigration. If the DHS put you on a watch or deny list, and Dynamic did not have the update before you tried to travel, that is not Dynamic's fault.

In fact Dynamic is required by law to deny you travel if you are on the list in their possession at the time of travel.

You are not in the Caribbean where you can call a politician and change all the rules to suit yourself... and your problem is with the DHS, not the civilians.

Your problem is basically YOUR problem. As in almost every country, "ignorance of the law is no excuse".

So suck it up and call off the Joker. This one nah wuk.

Return to “Roraima Airways - Guyana”